Sunday, March 8, 2009

Simple Salsa

The Gourmet Cookbook has a recipe for fresh salsa using Serrano peppers. I bought some cilantro last week to make this salsa, but I couldn't find the peppers in the store. I found them this week, so I just got finished making the salsa. It is delicious - aromatic, fresh, crisp. Quite spicy. Like hit-you-in-the-back-of-the-throat spicy. So if you're sensitive to heat cut it back to one pepper instead of the two I used. I'm letting the flavors come together in the fridge, and then I'm going to have a mushroom omelette topped with fresh salsa for breakfast. Yum!
Fresh Salsa
1/2 pound plum tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 minced serrano peppers with seeds
1/2 clove minced garlic (optional)
Kosher salt to taste
3 tbsp. water

Finely chop the tomatoes, and stir in the other ingredients. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment