Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lemony Lentil Soup


Tonight after work I made an easy lemony lentil soup from a recipe I found on vegWeb. It was just lentils and brown rice, a bunch of herbs and spices (including curry powder), and some sauteed onions. Then you finish it with a squeeze of lemon juice just before eating.

It was okay. I would eat it again. It's nice because you can get the lentils and rice going while you're chopping the onion, and you're completely done making a soup that will last 4 days in less than an hour.

I think next time I would add some carrots and celery to the sauteed onions. Or maybe some chopped tomatoes...

The boyfriend, not surprisingly, was underwhelmed. You win some; you lose some. Like I said before, it's a lot harder to please a carnivore with low-fat vegetarian fare than a rich, buttery mushroom lasagna.

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog! I've got a recipe I really like that's a red lentil curry soup, lowfat but SO flavorful and creamy since the red lentils kind of disintegrate into the soup. I can send you a copy if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I love red lentils. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete